REPUBLIC OF SENEGAL
NEW BIOMETRIC VISA GUIDANCE NOTES
1 – INTRODUCTION:
The visa application is compulsory for all countries wishing to travel to Senegal from 1st July 2013, except nationals from specified countries. Please fill free to check with us.
All other nationals should note that information related to the visa application process is available on the following website: http://www.snedai.sn/paiement/.
NB from the Embassy
1) – The visa process from beginning to end is done online and accordingly you do not have or need to come to the Embassy in London. Once the application is filed & accepted you will receive (by email in the next days): acknowledgement & receipt + a permit to disembark in Senegal . You are required to print theses documents and take them with you as the visa will be apposed on your passport on arrival in Senegal.
2) – It has also been brought to our attention that Apple devices (such as Apple desktop, Ipad or IPhone) experience problem while attempting to apply on the online site. If this is the case, we advise you use a different device not running “Safari”. In the meantime, the relevant authorities are now aware of this and are trying to sort it out!If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Visa Section of the Embassy in London: Email>> firstname.lastname@example.org
A phone line in Senegal (00221) 78 149 96 96 is available 24/7 for all information about the visa application process and to help solve of all kinds of problems (payment, technical etc.).
TRAVELLING FROM THE UK? HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE YOU GO:
1. Online application to be filled out
2. Payment of 50 euros/per person to be made on the website using your valid bank card
3. Allow between 2 to 4 working days for the visa to be processed by the Central Visa Office in Dakar, Senegal
4. After the process is completed, you will receive a couple of emails which you need to print out and carry with you at the time of travel
5. You are now good to go
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN SENEGAL
1. When you arrive in Senegal, your biometric data will be taken at the airport by immigration officers
2. This is also the time to inform the immigration officers about your stay plans such as multiple entry request or stay of more than 3 months
At the minute, the visa cannot be obtained from the Embassy of Senegal in London, therefore UK resident applicants don’t need to visit the Embassy.
2 – PAYMENT
The visa fee is €50 (excluding processing fees) for and entry and stay of between 1 to 90 days.
The applicant pays the visa fee online with a valid bank card (Visa, MasterCard, etc.).
The visa applicant has the option to pay online and then complete the biometric enrolment at a Senegalese Embassy /Consulate listed (UK not included) below (or if he/she doesn’t have the possibility to upload the requested supporting documents)
List of Senegalese Embassies /Consulates in the countries below where onsite biometric enrolment service is available
|Cameroun – Gambia - Mauritania – South Africa – China – India||Belgium – France – Germany – Italy – Russia – Spain – United States|
Case 1: Payment on the website at the time of pre-enrolment online with a Visa card or MasterCard. When payment is made for biometric visa, the applicant will receive two (2) messages. A first snapshot mail is sent to you (with an attachment that displays the unique, personal code / proof of payment). The second email is the “pre-visa” (approval or rejection from the competent authority)
Case 2: Payment of fees at the airport at the cash Ecobank Office which is installed close to the visa issuing post (can pay by cash or card).
NB: Payment to the airport is reserved for special missions *
Other payment methods will be defined later (cash, bank transfer …)
* Examples of special mission would be: a group of people attending a seminar, attending an international conference, travelling with a national sport team, etc…
3 – MAKING AN APPLICATION
The visa applicant has the choice to be biometrically pre-enrolled online or at a Senegalese Embassy or Consulate (See above list of Senegalese Embassies/Consulates where onsite biometric enrolment service is available).
Case 1: Pre-enrolment online
After making the payment online, the applicants fills out an application form available online then attaches/uploads all required documentation and send the request by clicking on “Submit”.
Case 2: Pre-enrolment at a Senegalese Embassy/Consulate (See above list of Senegalese Embassies/Consulates where onsite biometric enrolment service is available)
After making an online payment, the visa applicant will need to visit a Senegalese Embassy or Consulate with the receipt of payment, fill out the paper application form on site and make a biometric enrolment. The consular officer shall provide the visa applicant with a receipt and an appointment for the collection of the visa/passport.
4 – EMAILS CONFIRMATION (IF PRE-ENROLED ONLINE)
When the online application form is submitted, the visa applicant will receive two emails:
- An e-mail confirmation with an attachment that displays the unique, personal code / proof of payment)
- An e-mail with the “Permission to disembark at Dakar International Airport”
5 – BIOMETRIC ENROLMENT AT A SENEGALESE EMBASSY / CONSULATE
The applicant visits a Senegalese Embassy or Consulate for enlistment (highly recommended), equipped with the required documents (listed below)
The applicant goes to the Senegalese Embassy / Consulate with the “Permission to disembark” email confirmation to be biometrically enrolled. Once there, the bar code is scanned and the data of the applicant appear on the computer system. The enrolment of the applicant will be to register their biometric data at the end of which a receipt is issued for the collection of the visa/passport within 48 hours.
The receipt of the enrolment contains the following: See example attached
- Place, date and time of recording of the biometric data
- Information on the identity of the applicant (name, date of birth, Passport number etc.)
6 – BIOMETRIC ENROLMENT AT THE AIRPORT
The applicant travels with the “Permission to disembark” email confirmation and, upon arrival at the airport in Senegal, he will be directed to the “Visa Airport Office” area where his biometric data will be taken then the visa will be printed on the spot and affixed to the applicant passport.
7 – ISSUING THE VISA
The visa application is processed within 48 hours after enrolment. The applicant will visit personally a Senegalese Embassy / Consulate with the emails confirmation of enrolment and payment for the collection of his visa.
8 – OTHER INFORMATION:
- Enrolment (the fingerprinting and photo) is required for each visa application, even if the applicant has already obtained several Senegal visas.
- It is possible to send someone get a visa upon presentation of the original copy of the receipt of enrolment, a power of attorney signed by the applicant and a photocopy of his ID.
- In special cases (with physical disabilities and / or people with no fingerprints), a medical certificate is required.
- The biometric visa requires the physical presence of the applicant. The fingerprinting is mandatory for all except children under 12 years, however their presence will still be required.
- For foreigners living or settled in Senegal, the introduction of new biometric visa does not change the existing procedure. Indeed, for all foreign holder of Senegalese identity card for foreigners, it is possible to obtain a return visa at the DPETV.
9 – ALDULTS: DOCUMENTS TO SHOW ON ARRIVAL AT DAKAR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT:
1 – The original receipt of payment of visa fee (€50)
4 – A passport valid for at least six months
5 – The “Permission to disembark” email confirmation
10 – CHILDREN: DOCUMENTS TO SHOW ON ARRIVAL AT DAKAR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT CHILDREN:
- A signed and legalised parental consent if the passenger is a minor traveling alone
- The original receipt of payment of visa fee (€50)
- A passport valid for at least six months
- The “Permission to disembark” email confirmation
11 – FURTHER INFORMATION:
8 Avenue Léopold Sédar Senghor X Felix Faure
BP 14260 Dakar Plateau
Tel: (00221) 78 149 96 96